while the Netflix top ten movies list for the week of August 1st – August 7th has prompted several changes near the top, there is a runaway winner for the streaming service this week. The Netflix Top 10 website ranks all available features on its platform based on viewership, with the top ten pieces of content updated weekly to reflect continued viewing trends. The Netflix top ten site, which first launched on Tuesday 9th November 2021, also contains the aforementioned ranked viewership data dating back to June 28th, 2021, when the feature was first introduced to the Netflix smart TV interface.
The Netflix Top 10 streaming list includes original content from the company’s production studios and all licensed movies and TV shows available on the platform. During a heavily publicized earnings in October 2021, Netflix revealed that it will now consider the total number of hours viewed instead of the previously used two-minute viewing metric to determine its Top 10 ranking. The list can also be filtered by country and/or language to provide differing regional and cultural results.
Netflix’s animated spectacular The Sea Beast continues to be a big performer in the Netflix Top 10 this week, with the movie debuting with an impressive 180 million hours viewed in its first 30 days on the streaming service. The Ryan Gosling and Chris Evans-led actioner The Gray Man drops just one place to number two, while the emotive Purple Hearts is Netflix’s runaway hit entering August 2022. Here’s the Netflix Top 10 for movies and TV shows this week in English from August 1st, 2022, to August 7th, 2022.
Netflix’s Top 10 Movies (August 1st-7th, 2022, English Language Only)
These are the movies making up the Netflix top 10 this week:
10. Sing 2 (7,950,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 4,344,262 – Buster Moon (Matthew McConaughey) and his friends must persuade reclusive rock star Clay Calloway (Bono) to join them for the opening of a new show.
9. Men in Black 3 (8,680,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 4,931,818 – Agent J travels in time to MIB‘s early days in 1969 to stop an alien from assassinating his friend Agent K and changing history.
8. Tower Heist (8,700,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 5,028,901 – When a group of hard-working guys find out they’ve fallen victim to their wealthy employer’s Ponzi scheme, they conspire to rob his high-rise residence.
7. The Age of Adaline (9,340,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 5,021,505 – A young woman, born at the turn of the 20th century, is rendered ageless after an accident. After many solitary years, she meets a man who complicates the eternal life she has settled into.
6. Spider-Man: Far from Home (11,320,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 5,192,660 – Following the events of Avengers: EndgameSpider-Man (Tom Holland) must step up to take on new threats in a world that has changed forever.
5. The Sea Beast (14,340,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 7,507,853 – A young girl stows away on the ship of a legendary sea monster hunter, turning his life upside down as they venture into uncharted waters.
4. Wedding Season (18,600,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 11,411,042 – Pressured by their parents to find spouses, Asha and Ravi pretend to date during a summer of weddings, only to find themselves falling for each other.
3. Uncharted (20,650,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 10,699,481 – Street-smart Nathan Drake (Tom Holland) is recruited by seasoned treasure hunter Victor “Sully” Sullivan (Mark Wahlberg) to recover a fortune amassed by Ferdinand Magellan and lost 500 years ago by the House of Moncada.
2. The Gray Man (38,900,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 19,162,561 – When the CIA’s top asset – his identity known to no one – uncovers agency secrets, he triggers a global hunt by assassins set loose by his ex-colleague.
1. Purple Hearts (102,590,000 Hours Viewed), Times Watched: 50,536,945 – Despite their differences and against all odds, an aspiring singer-songwriter and a soldier fall hopelessly in love.
Netflix’s Top 10 TV Shows (August 1st-7th, 2022, English Language Only)
And here are Netflix‘s top 10 English-language TV shows:
- The Sandman: Season 1 (69,480,000 Hours Viewed)
- Keep Breathing: Limited Series (54,730,000 Hours Viewed)
- Virgin River: Season 4 (46,930,000 Hours Viewed)
- Stranger Things 4 (44,760,000 Hours Viewed)
- Manifesto: Season 1 (36,690,000 Hours Viewed)
- uncoupled: Season 1 (26,520,000 Hours Viewed)
- Manifesto: Season 2 (21,310,000 Hours Viewed)
- Trainwreck: Woodstock ’99: Season 1 (20,280,000 Hours Viewed)
- Manifesto: Season 3 (19,880,000 Hours Viewed)
- Stranger Things 3 (17,040,000 Hours Viewed)