Fat Cat Music Group is on the hunt for a creative, dependable and passionate social media and event coordination intern to join our small Brisbane based team, working on our two electronic dance music event brands, ‘The Biscuit Factory’ and ‘Massive’. You’ll be learning with us as we strengthen and grow our brands and expand into other domestic markets.
The unpaid internship will run for 3 months with a commitment of 1 day per week based on your availability. This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to get a foot in the door in the music and events industry, with written reference following your time with us and the opportunity of a paid position for the right person.
This experience will include tasks such as:
- Assistance in growing and co-ordinating our street promoter team
- Assistance in the development and execution of new marketing campaigns and turn your ideas into actionable marketing strategies
- Research of new local, regional and national talent for future performance bookings
- Supporting the team onsite for events as required
- Copywriting, content creation and scheduling of email, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok campaigns
- Researching and presenting current music and social media trends
- Liaise important information to street promoters, venues, artist managers and other involved parties
- Evaluate past and present competitive venues to evaluate the effectiveness of our own strategies and make recommendations for improvements
- Ad hoc administrative tasks
We are looking for:
- Someone who with a passion for bass music, live events, pop culture and social media trends
- Excellent written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn, a strategic thinker and able to juggle multiple tasks
- An awareness and understanding of multiple social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok and Facebook
- A “people person” with a knowledge of and passion for the Brisbane bass music scene
- Being currently enrolled in a bachelor’s program within the creative industries, business/marketing or arts is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
In exchange we offer:
- You will gain valuable experience, insight and skills which you may then apply to your future studies or employment within the music industry
- You will learn the intricacies of putting together live music events from start to finish
- Valuable knowledge in social media marketing
- You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most prominent musicians, agents, managers and event promoters within the international electronic music scene
- Your internship may be accredited to relevant study requirements within your bachelor’s program (pending institution approval)
- A written letter of reference or referral for future employment/employers
- The possibility of ongoing paid work for the right person.
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter addressing the following questions:
- What are some music events and venues you like to attend?
- Tell us about your favorite event or concert that you’ve been to, and why?
- Tell us about your favorite music or event marketing campaign and why you do you think it was effective?