Location: Remote within USA or Canada is available. Preference given to candidates located in Vancouver, Los Angeles, Toronto, New York City, or Nashville.
Do you have a passion for music, TV and Film? Do you love networking & negotiating deals? Are you looking for an opportunity to put your business development and relationship-building skills to use? Are you interested in working with one of the most successful and innovative sync & partnerships teams in electronic music?
As a Sync Licensing Manager, you will find opportunities to place Monstercat catalog in TV, Film, and Advertising content. With a focus on North America, you are responsible for managing Monstercat’s existing business in TV & Film, as well as building new commercial relationships with studios, agencies, and music supervisors. Supported by the Sync & Partnerships and Business & Legal Affairs teams, you will pitch records for opportunities and negotiate the subsequent commercial terms of the placements.
This role will report to the Head of Gaming as part of the Sync & Partnerships team. The Sync & Partnerships team at Monstercat has developed one of the most innovative operations in the music and gaming sync industry over the last decade.
In the last year alone, the department has secured over 150 deals and 1,560 song placements with world-renowned artists like Marshmello, Kaskade, Slushii, Whipped Cream, Slander, and Vicetone, as well as forward-thinking partners like Microsoft, Epic Games, Roblox, F1, Amazon Prime Gaming, Red Bull Media House, Hi-Rez Studios, and more. What you’ll do…
Development of Sync & Partnerships Business
- Manage the process of securing, clearing, and administering sync licenses. This includes obtaining artist approval, quoting fees, completion of the license – liaising with Business &
- Legal Affairs when necessary, sending invoices, collecting cue sheets, and collecting a copy of the video for archival purposes
- Responsible for outbound sync briefs and developing new sync business, whether direct to companies / music supervisors or via our Sync Agent(s)
- Together with the Sync & Partnerships team, responsible for meeting annual sync revenue targets
- Identify key stakeholders in Sync Licensing (Music Supervisors) and develop relationships for the purposes of seeding Monstercat music in new verticals
- Manage a network of sync agent(s) and/or sync agencies to increase the number of inbound sync requests and ultimately the total number of sync deals
- Grow the volume of incoming sync briefs
- Together with the Sync & Partnerships team, respond to all incoming briefs, put together playlists for pitches and track the pitch within an internal database
- Record and track all pitches within the Sync Licensing database. This includes tracking briefs, pitches, and negotiation status
- Create and organize video archive of all Monstercat Sync Placements
- Liaise with the Digital Operations team to collect and submit Cue Sheets
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure licensing fees are collected; input Invoices into Label Manager system to ensure royalties are allocated to Artists
what you bring
- Experience in music licensing and/or business affairs, with experience in traditional media: Sports, TV, Advertising or Film
- Experience in negotiating license agreements or sales
- Large company experience in a fast-paced licensing environment: Clearance Houses, Publishers, Record Labels, Television Networks, Advertising Agencies
- A demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Existing relationships with music supervisors are an asset, but not required
- Experience in gaming is an asset, but not required
- Comfortable with networking events, frequent travel, representing the organization at trade shows etc
Why join Monstercat?
We offer the opportunity to:
- Work with smart, driven, and passionate people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and bi-annual company performance bonuses
- Work a flexible workweek currently from home (if remote) or from our creative dog-friendly Railtown Vancouver or West Hollywood Hills offices with freshly ground coffee, fully stocked kitchens, and regular company events
- Utilize a comprehensive health and dental benefits package
Monstercat is Canada’s largest independent electronic music label. From the heart of downtown Vancouver, we’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels. We connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
To be considered for this role, please include your resume. You may apply here.
We serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.