House of the Dragon Renewed for Season 2 by HBO
HBO has renewed its drama TV series House of the Dragon for a Second Season. A new press release consisting of this announcement has been released. You will find that news notification below.
- The HBO Original Drama Series HOUSE OF THE DRAGON has been renewed for a second season.
- HOUSE OF THE DRAGON debuted Sunday, August 21, to the largest audience for any new original series in HBO history. The first episode has now been seen by over 20 million viewers across linear, On Demand and HBO Max platforms in the US, based on a combination of Nielsen data and first party data.
- Logline: Based on George RR Martin’s “Fire & Blood,” the series, set 200 years before the events of “Game of Thrones,” tells the story of House Targaryen.
- Season 1 cast: Paddy Considine, Matt Smith, Olivia Cooke, Emma D’Arcy, Steve Toussaint, Eve Best, Fabien Frankel, Sonoya Mizuno, and Rhys Ifans. Additional cast includes Milly Alcock, Bethany Antonia, Phoebe Campbell, Emily Carey, Harry Collett, Ryan Corr, Tom Glynn-Carney, Jefferson Hall, David Horovitch, Wil Johnson, John Macmillan, Graham McTavish, Ewan Mitchell, Theo Nate, Matthew Needham, Bill Paterson, Phia Saban, Gavin Spokes, Savannah Steyn.
- Francesca Orsi, Executive Vice President, HBO Programming quote: “We are beyond proud of what the entire HOUSE OF THE DRAGON team has accomplished with season one. Our phenomenal cast and crew undertook a massive challenge and exceeded all expectations, delivering a show that has already established itself as must-see-TV. A huge thank you to George, Ryan, and Miguel for leading us on this journey. We couldn’t be more excited to continue bringing to life the epic saga of House Targaryen with season two.”
- HOUSE OF THE DRAGON garnered strong critical praise for the “flat-out stunning” show (Entertainment Weekly), with IGN declaring “It’s good to be back in backstabbing Westeros.” Los Angeles Times hailed it “a new, engrossing chapter in HBO’s epic,” and Wall Street Journal noted it’s “as captivating as any season of ‘Game of Thrones.‘”
- Season 1 credits: Co-Creator/Executive Producer, George RR Martin; Co-Creator/Co-Showrunner/Executive Producer/Writer, Ryan Condal; Co-Showrunner/Executive Producer/Director, Miguel Sapochnik; Executive Producers Sara Hess, Jocelyn Diaz, Vince Gerardis, Ron Schmidt. Based on George RR Martin’s “Fire & Blood.”
- For more HOUSE OF THE DRAGON information, assets, and to follow the conversation:
Leave your thoughts on HBO news below in the comments section. Readers seeking to support this type of content can visit our Patreon Page and become one of FilmBook’s patrons. Readers seeking more HBO articles can visit our HBO Page, our HBO Twitter Page, and our HBO Facebook Page. Readers seeking more HBO Max can visit our HBO Max Page, our HBO Max Twitter Page, and our HBO Max Facebook Page. Readers seeking more TV show news can visit our TV Show News Page, our TV Show News Twitter Pageand our TV Show News Facebook Page.
Want up-to-the-minute notification? FilmBook staff members publish articles by Email, TwitterFacebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Reddit, Telegram, and Flipboard.