Warner Music Australia is a proud record label who understands that every artist and label partner is as unique as every music fan. We are a fearless, creative team of obsessive music fans who believe in each other and are committed to excellence for the international artists we care and work for locally and our beautiful, diverse and talented local roster that we call family.
We ensure that we are always adding value as a label and every day we work with this in mind. Our team brings creativity, compassion, experience, passion and a global network. We take care in delivering.
With our broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Our Sydney office is situated on the Nura (land) which traditionally the Gadigal people of the Eora nation were custodians of, and our Melbourne office operates on Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung country.
Music is a force for good in the world, and the music industry is made up of artists, songwriters, and people from every background. We aspire to lead the way in opportunities for all.
Job Title: Creative Content Producer
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Australia Domestic Marketing, and Publicity & Promotions teams are results driven and highly creative, working with some of the most exciting developing and established artists in the world. Working across a diverse Domestic Roster, from hip-hop to dance to pop, you will work across the teams to conceptualise and coordinate the production of unique creative content for our artists, with a focus on product release and promotional assets (music videos, imagery ) and social assets (short-form video, imagery).
Why this could be your next big break:
At Warner Music, we share the passion, vision and ambition of our artists. In this role you will have a hand in shaping the careers of some of the most exciting musicians coming out of Australia today. As a record label we are in an exciting new chapter of growth, and are recognized for being a culturally dynamic and inclusive place to work.
You are a highly creative, passionate self-starter, having had a number of year experience working in production, editing and art direction. While you may or may not have worked in the music industry, you’ll have worked in a media body, agency or organization where you are skilled in interpreting a creative brand/campaign strategy in order to brief and produce content.
About the role
- Work with SVP Marketing & Promo, Head of Domestic Marketing, Marketing Managers and A&R to identify the need for creative content (focused on video and imagery assets) surrounding domestic artist releases, and work with external freelance creatives and/or agencies to conceptualise, produce and deliver assets
- Work with our Domestic Roster or artists and managers to understand their creative vision and translate that into storyboards and concepts to gain their endorsement of creative briefs to agencies/directors/creators.
- Develop creative briefs for external creatives/agencies by understanding the vision of the artist, and delivering on the needs and specifications of internal Marketing/PR & Promo teams
- Tap into your network of external agencies and freelancers to work with WMA on the varied creative needs of our domestic roster (including graphic designers, stylists, photographers, visual artists, videographers, producers, directors etc)
- Lead the project management of creative work in collaboration with the Domestic Marketing Managers including: budget and financial management; project administration; on shoot production coordination; project prioritization; adherence to WMA processes and WHS procedures etc
- Capture artist content when required at events/behind the scenes/phots etc
- Work with the Discovery Partnerships Manager to concept artist organic social content, brief external editors to create content (or edit and create content internally where possible), and traffic internal and external feedback and approvals
- Remain abreast of a range of music, stylistic and creative trends to ensure that creative ideas presented are cutting edge and unique.
- Surface social content trends and creative approaches (with a focus on TikTok and Instagram) to inform proposed artist social content plans, and content created for artists for their channels
- Manage the briefing of freelance graphic designers/editors on the production of social content assets for artist channels
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
Direct experience working with artists, musicians and creatives on content that is artist in nature.
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.