So much has been happening lately and we can barely keep up. Monday was Earth Day, a day for everyone to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Like many of you, we strive to practice good environmental habits whenever possible. And we could probably do better, I’m sure.
This year we decided to gift 30 eco-conscious celebrities with an up-cycled bracelet cuff from our new ‘green’ collection, Crash by Minabea. Here’s a list of those who received the bracelets: Hayden Panettiere, Ginnifer Goodwin, Edward Norton, Adrian Grenier, Kate Bosworth, P!nk, Leonardo DiCaprio, Rachel McAdams, Emily VanCamp, Woody Harrelson, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Daryl Hannah, Malin Akerman, Ted Danson, Orlando Bloom, Jake Gyllenhaal, Josh Hartnett, Sting, Barbra Streisand, Alicia Silverstone, Courteney Cox, Cameron Diaz, Sheryl Crow, Mark Ruffalo, and Natalie Portman.
And these people really do get involved — some examples:
- Natalie Portman and Alicia Silverstone are vegans and longtime supporters of animal rights.
- Cameron Diaz’s MTV show Trippin’ takes viewers on eco-adventures to endangered habitats worldwide, and she is active in the Environmental Media Association (EMA).
- Leonardo DiCaprio wrote the documentary The 11th Hour and has hosted Plant Green’s Eco-Town series; he even has an environmental blog on green living.
- Sting and his wife Trudie created the Rainforest Foundation.
- Orlando Bloom traveled to Antarctica with Global Green USA to study the effects of global warming.
- Woody Harrelson, a true environmental activist, lives in a sustainable community and is actively involved with the Rainforest Action Network.
We don’t have to be famous to practice sound environmental tactics. But I do appreciate these celebs who use their status to help save Mother Earth, and for that they deserve a bracelet.
Check out our most recent Earth Day Press Release.
and our latest Crash by Minabea Earth Day Video http://youtu.be/D1X5mMi5lUg